Skip to main content
Answered

playbar with amp

Hi,

I have a playbar that i would like to connect together with my Sonos Amp that powers 2x3’rd party speaker and a 3’rd party subwoofer.

My goal was to get 2 front speakers, 1 “center”-speaker(playbar) and the sub.

is this possible?

- if yes…. Then how? :-)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

No, this isn’t possible. The Playbar cannot be set up as just a center channel speaker. It already includes the front left and front right channels.

You can connect the Amp and two speakers as rear surrounds for the Playbar though. But you will not be able to use the subwoofer. When using the Amp as surrounds, it disables the Amp’s sub output.

Thank you for the Quick answer.

but would Ibe able to Then use the amp just for the subwoofer, and Then use it together with the playbar?

Userlevel 7

You could “group” the Playbar with the Amp/subwoofer, but you would likely experience a slight audio delay from the subwoofer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, this is not possible. The Playbar is FL-Center-FR, not only a center. The Amp can only be used with a Playbar, powering passive speakers used as surrounds (LR and LF). If so used you cannot connect a third party sub.