Question

Playbar wall mount depth

• 1 April 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi..when mounting a playbar above a TV. The depth of the unit is 85mm.. when using the mounting kit, how much extra does this add to the total depth. I.e. How far from the wall is the front of the unit? Second question, I have seen the playbar recessed in a wall and like the idea of hiding the playbar behind a custom grille. Any thoughts on what clearance should be allowed around the playbar to avoid ruining sound quality?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Playbar mount is very thin and mounts flush to the wall. It only adds ~1/8-1/4" to the total depth. Not sure on the 2nd question, mine is directly below the TV and it looks nice enough I wouldn't worry about hiding it personally.

I wouldn't recommend putting the playbar into a recess. Take a look at the uncovered speaker picture on the sales portion of this website, and you'll see a bunch of speakers pointing in many different directions, not just forward. By putting them in a recessed box, you'd be blocking a lot of their capabilities in creating a true surround sound effect.