Playbar vs Arc

• 6 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I’m unsure if I should jump from the playbar to the arc I’ve wanted it since it came out however I bought the playbar and 6 months later the arc was released. I’ve herd it, it’s insane! Anyone out there used the playbar who’s on the arc would you guys recommend making the change!? It’s just hard to justify the price plus I bought the FIVE so I could use my records 🎶 so I’m wondering if it’s over kill or if I should go for it! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

What do you primarily watch with the Playbar? Do you stream? Watch Blu-rays? Gaming? Is your TV equipped with HDMI eARC?

Badge

I have no idea if I have a eARC I have a Samsung NU8000 and mainly use it to stream and ply my switch! Also big music person here so mainly stream and listen to music!

If music is much more important to you than movies then I would get another Five to give you a stereo pair for music and keep the Playbar for TV sound. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have Playbar, two Play:1 surrounds and Sub.

This is an excellent setup for music.

I would go for a Sub over the ARC.

There's been a lot of complaints about muddy bass out of the ARC, don't know if that was sorted out in software or not?.

Badge

I have Playbar, two Play:1 surrounds and Sub.

This is an excellent setup for music.

I would go for a Sub over the ARC.

There's been a lot of complaints about muddy bass out of the ARC, don't know if that was sorted out in software or not?.

Thanks I have those also, I was just wondering if the arc is better quality I do appreciate the insights tho! 

Userlevel 7

I checked your TV model and it doesn’t have HDMI eARC, only HDMI ARC. So your TV may or may not be able to take advantage of the Arc’s ability to output Dolby Atmos while streaming.

The Arc is definitely a better-sounding sound bar. Is it worth $800 to upgrade from the Playbar? I would say a definite YES if your TV was equipped with eARC and you watch Blu-rays or 4K UHD discs, because you could get lossless Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos and multichannel PCM audio from the Arc and you would notice a significant improvement in audio. But since your TV only has HDMI ARC and you primarily stream movies and do gaming, it may not be worth it.