Playbar, Play:3 and "Surround-Group/ungroup"

• 8 May 2013
  • 7 replies

We have the Playbar as a great improvement to the TV-sound. Also we have 2 Play:3 set up as separate stereo speakers, but is also perfectly placed as Surround-speakers. As 95% of our TV viewing don't benefit from surround-sound from the Play:3 speakers, we prefer using the Play:3 as separate stereo speakers. Only when watching an occational good movie with good surround effects, we would like to use the Play:3 speakers as surround speakers. Instead of the more complicated reconfiguring of the setup, I would like an easy and fast way of changing the setup. As it is easy to group/ungroup rooms I would like to suggest a similar "Surround-group/ungroup" function when having the combination of Playbar and two Play:3.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I also would love to have such an option (easier than what it is now) in Android 
Yes this would be very handy!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Yes, please make this happen!
Was this good idea finally implemented or not ???

No. However, you can set the surrounds to "Full" mode for music, which will make them full stereo instead of ambient sound for non-TV sources. The Playbar/Playbase will still play, but you get full volume out of the surrounds.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

No. However, you can set the surrounds to "Full" mode for music, which will make them full stereo instead of ambient sound for non-TV sources. The Playbar/Playbase will still play, but you get full volume out of the surrounds.

Yes, but unfortunately this doesn't resolve the lack of separate grouping functionality for the rear surround speakers. Ie. it would be amazing if it were possible to use the playbar/sub combo for the TV line input, and the rear surrounds as a separate grouping to play music simultaneously.
Yes this is a MUCH MUCH needed feature. Too inconvenient now to group and ungroup speakers from a surround set up.