Answered

Playbar makes intermittent popping sounds.

• 13 December 2017
  • 17 replies

Playbar makes an intermittent popping sound while watching tv. I have it connected to a Vizio M60 via optical cable. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 14 February 2018, 00:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, mornelas79. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? I can take a quick preliminary look and see if I can advise on next steps. I'd be happy to help.
Keith thank you for the assistance, here is the number: 8215643.
How long does it usually take to get a response once you submit a diagnostic report?
It seems to vary, based on how many others are posting. If you're looking for more immediate response, I'd try on of the other methods listed behind the link "Contact us" at the bottom of this page. I think twitter is an option, and calling in wouldn't hurt, either. As near as I can tell, there's only 2 moderators on the forums during this busy time of year.
I bought a playbar a few weeks ago. It is connected to a Samsung 60" UHD TV. Makes one popping sound intermittently while watching TV. May be 5 minutes, may be 30 mins. No rhyme or reason.
I would recommend that within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, you submit a system diagnostic , and call in to Sonos to discuss.
Great. Thanks.
Having the problem submitted diagnostic 8410148.
I am having the same issue. Can someone in support take a look at my system’s diagnostics. 8480845. Thank you.
Diagnostics: 8481503
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. Thanks for sharing your diagnostic reports, if the problem is happening intermittently, you may find it best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. Both diagnostic reports show that Sonos is getting a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal, but we may need a closer look at where the signal is coming from.
Diagnostic Confirmation:

Samsung UN75MU8000FXZA with Sonos Playbar. All updates done through app, getting intermittent popping noise for months now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Samsung UN75MU8000FXZA with Sonos Playbar. All updates done through app, getting intermittent popping noise for months now.

Hi JMN,

Thanks for sending in your report. It looks like your PLAYBAR is receiving the correct signal from your TV. It would be best to troubleshoot the popping sound live with our phone team. Please call us up and we'll help out. You can find our phone number and hours here.
I am having the same popping sound problem. Diagnostics submitted. 1038703442
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same popping sound problem. Diagnostics submitted. 1038703442

Hi Bigeyedfeesh,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. The reason for the sound you've described is not clear from your report, however. Please give our phone team a call, they can take a deeper look at the issue. Our phone number and hours are found here.
I see a lot of posts echoing the issue, a lot of diag files, a few suggestions to call to troubleshoot in real time (this doesn’t make a lot sense. It’s intermittent and the logs should have the necessary data) but no resolution post. Would like to hear some real answers.