Question

Playbar in a large room??

• 19 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Hi.
I have a kinda large great room where the TV is. The room is all tile will windows to the left of the TV, front door to the right. Straight out is a wall and it also opens up to the kitchen and dinning area. The room itself it 26Lx22Wx16H.

I currently have two Definitive Tech Pro1000's (left/right) and a ProCenter 1000 along with a ProSub 700. It sounds good, but nothing amazing and nothing bad by any means. I connect that to Sonos via a Connect.

I'm seriously considering dumping all the AV gear and going with a Playbar and eventually adding the Play Sub and then later the surround sound Play: 1's.

In a big open room like I have, am I better off upgrading the "traditional" AV gear with bigger speakers or do you think the Playbar will fill that room and be an "upgrade" of sorts over the DT speakers. I can say this, the ProSub 700 is WAY, WAY too small for this room.

Thoughts??

Many thanks!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Recently I experimented my basement home theatre setup with Def Tech speakers pro center 2000, SM 55 front and PM 800 surrounds and an SVS pb12 nsd sub. It sounded great but I lacked the same convenience that I loved with my sonos setup which I have been using for about 10 months in my living room. I returned all Def Tech speakers, the big sub and brought down my sonos gear to basement. Very happy with it. It does fill my basement well but not as much as the Def Tech and SVS 12 inch sub. If you are sticking with Def Tech speakers buy a 12 inch or 15 inch sub... I'm a beginner though ?
Badge +1
Your DT system is/was a bit better than what I currently have. Thanks for the prospective!!