PlayBar audio source auto-switching

• 19 February 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Can PlayBar auto-switch audio sources? If I am listing to Spotify or music library content, and then turn on the TV, can PlayBar detect that and switch sources automatically? Or will I have to load the Sonos app to change it manually? I am hoping it's automatic, and am waiting for confirmation of this before ordering. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If I were a bettin' man, I would bet that just like the line in connections on the current Sonos units with them, the Playbar will have the Autoplay option so that it can automatically switch to the optical connection as soon as it senses data there. I would be VERY surprised if they didn't include this ability on the Playbar.
The Playbar defaults to TV sound, automatically switching to the TV source when it detects input on the optical. It does not switch back when the TV is turned off, for that you have to manually choose the source.
Hi guys, I got SONOS sound system recently and just wondering if PlayBar can do auto-switching sources already or still not yet. For now I'm switching the source manually from the app which I get sick of it now. Much appreciate if someone can help on this matter. Thank you
Hi guys, I got SONOS sound system recently and just wondering if PlayBar can do auto-switching sources already or still not yet.
It's always defaulted to 'TV Autoplay', switching to the TV source when it detects a new signal. What it won't do is switch back to the previous source and resume play afterwards.
So I have the opposite issue. I like to listen to music while I have sports playing on the TV but even if I mute the TV it switches from audio to TV. Any ideas on how to disable Auto-switching?