Playbar and Sub missing from controller but connected to network

• 1 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Playbar and sub worked with existing TV for 2-3 years (maybe more). Now the 'media room' is gone from the controller as are the Playbar and Sub. When I unplug/replug Playbar and sub the connect right up with white light but can't be seen via controller on iOS or Windows (so I can control the volume). I submitted diagnostics with confirmation number is: 8303812.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Bondsrup. Welcome to the community. Thanks for providing the diagnostics. This could be caused by a number of factors, including but not limited to some interference present on your BRIDGE. Could you please try distancing it from your router and then restarting the PLAYBAR and SUB? If this does not work, I would suggest looking for some sources of interference near the PLAYBAR. What's nearby it? Anything new? Has the positioning of anything changed? Thanks in advance.
I have spent several hours adjusting, location etc with no success. There is nothing new, no new sources of interference.
I've tried factory reset (https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/~/factory-resetting-a-sonos-product) and regardless of what I do the white light remains. Thinking about Bridge interference I shifted over to "wireless setup" - redid all above steps and am still without Media Room, Playbar has white light but can't been seen by iOS or Windows app, and I can't factory reset Playbar. Stuck!
I'm thinking Keith may have the answer. From another post:

Keith N Sonos Staff 1910 replies 9 days ago
Hello there, PRM. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If your PLAYBAR is unresponsive to any button presses (including a factory reset), you may need to have the unit replaced. In this case, you will need to give our support technicians a call to get a closer look at the unit and finalize any troubleshooting necessary. Thanks again!