Question

Playbar and Bose Speakers

• 1 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Will a playbar and a set of in-ceiling bose speakers work together through a Sonos Connect unit? i also have a QLED TV, a pioneer AMP (SC-LX59-k), and a Wharfedale subwoofer, which i need to hook up. Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Are you intending for the in-ceiling BOSE speakers to be the surround speakers? If so, you'll need a CONNECT:AMP, not a CONNECT, and the CONNECT:AMP will need to be wired to your PLAYBAR (or router, it doesn't handle any surround activity over a wifi connection)

I think your difficulty will actually be the subwoofer, which won't work off of the same CONNECT:AMP, since it will be handling only surround information. And I am pretty sure that there's nothing that you can do to push the subwoofer using a PLAYBAR, not even another CONNECT:AMP. The only sub that the PLAYBAR will work with is Sonos' own SUB.

Not what you wanted to hear, particularly, for which I'm sorry., but the Sonos 5.1 system is really designed to be a cohesive unit, and doesn't really play well with others. If I understand things correctly, they only came up with the "hack" to make the CONNECT:AMP power surround speakers when it was wired after much hand wringing.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Sounds like you have most things you need, why do you want a PLAYBAR?