Play TV sound through Sonos One speaker

• 25 November 2020
  • 4 replies

How can I play the sound from my Vizio TV through my Sonos One speaker without buying/using a sound bar?  The TV is in a small room where I don’t have space for a sounder.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

No is the short answer. 

Actually I just found out that it would work with Apple TV

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Well I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion. In order for a Sonos One to play i sync with what is playing from your television it needs a Sonos Home theatre solution to be in place. This could be a playbase, playbar, arc or beam or amp too. Then a pair of play ones could be added as surrounds. 

Any other solution would mean a delay on the Sonos one that would likely make it unusable. 

Would be interested if there is another solution that does not have a delay. 

Using AirPlay 2 from the Apple TV to the Sonos One. I’ve never tried it,  I wouldn’t have any control over lip sync, though, but if you're not sensitive to that, it might be feasible. 

But then, there was no mention of Apple TV in the OP’s original question, so it’s hard to expect to be able to come up with that answer. And you’re not playing TV sound, you’re playing Apple TV’s output.