Answered

Play 5 as the sub in 5.1?

• 17 January 2018
  • 8 replies

Curious if it's possible to use a play 5 as the sub with a playbar and two play ones?
icon

Best answer by Chris 17 January 2018, 01:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nope - only a Sonos Sub can be used for Sub in 5.1 configuration
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
and it is awesome by the way!
Good to know, thank you. Can I pair the two for music?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Playbar paired with 2 Play:1s.

You then go into settings...room settings...advanced audio...surrounds ..... you set the surrounds as FULL MODE (believe it is set as Ambient by default).

With that setting if listening to Sonos music via the Sonos app the rear Play:1s will act as a stereo pair giving you ALL CHANNEL stereo sound for music.

When watching TV via optical port the rears will then go back to being surround speakers only.
Great, two plays ones will be my next purchase. I ordered the playbar and already have the play 5 so I would like to sync the playbar with the play 5 for music only in the meantime if possible or is it not? I appreciate the help, I'm new to Sonos and wifi speakers as you can tell Lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Certainly you can - when Playing music on the playbar or the Play:5 - click on the room name at the bottom below the song title. It will bring up grouping menu. Pick the other unit you want to play that music in sync with. Once you check multiple units they will then all be playing the same thing in unison.
Good deal! The play 5 has been great, hoping the playbar is as good as the reviews suggest. I was hesitant because of the cost but the quality seems to be great so far. Appreciate you helping this rookie out!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Playbar does sound great! Heck its got 9 digital amps and 9 speakers in that thing!