Optimizing Sonos System

Current Sonos products in my living room listed below. Is this an optimal surround system system? From what I read, Sonos Ray is a step back in quality, so that is not an option. What components am I missing or is this a decent Sonos setup. Thanks for any expert guidance. 

• Sonos Playbase
  • Sonos Play 1
  • Sonos Play 1
  • Sonos Sub (Gen2)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

That’s a pretty good home theater setup, absolutely.

A slight step up from that would be to replace the PLAYBASE with an Arc so you could get slightly newer tech, as well as Atmos….but I’m not sure the value proposition is there for the cost. I’d be pretty happy with what you have. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Current Sonos products in my living room listed below. Is this an optimal surround system system? From what I read, Sonos Ray is a step back in quality, so that is not an option. What components am I missing or is this a decent Sonos setup. Thanks for any expert guidance. 

• Sonos Playbase
  • Sonos Play 1
  • Sonos Play 1
  • Sonos Sub (Gen2)

I have the same as you, with One’s rather than Play:1’s and am quite content with the results. IMO only the Arc would be a potential improvement but I don’t see a cost justification for it.