Answered

Only getting stereo PCM through Apple TV 4K + Arc + Sony x900F

• 13 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi - I’m only getting Stereo PCM when I open the Sonos app and view ‘About My System’

Current setup:

Sonos Arc, Sonos Sub Gen3, Sonos/ Sonance Architectural Speakers connected to Connect:Amp Gen2 (rear surround), Apple TV 4K, Sony X900F.

The TV does not have eARC but does have ARC with Dolby Digital Plus pass through enabled. So I realize I wouldn’t get TrueHD (which streaming services don’t provide anyways) but I do expect to get better than Stereo PCM.

Any settings I can modify to get a compressed version of Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital Plus? I can’t even get multichannel PCM right now.

When using the native android TV apps it does show Dolby Atmos but I would prefer to not to use that horrible interface.

Super disappointed right now to spend this much on a Sonos setup and only get Stereo.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 April 2022, 17:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

In the Apple TV audio settings, set Change Format to ON and set the Audio Format to Dolby Digital.

FYI… you need a TV with eARC to get multichannel PCM and Dolby Atmos from the Apple TV 4K.

You should be able to get Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus audio from some of the native apps on your TV.