Answered

ON Beam gen 2 I often can't increase volume via IR

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Wondering if this is a known issue or if I have a defective Beam gen 2 that I just bought. With TV on volume up works and volume down always seems to work. Worked fine with my Beam gen 1..

icon

Best answer by coffeeluvr 20 April 2022, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’d suspect there’s a greater chance of partial blockage of the IR sensor, rather than an issue with the electronics, or software. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you sure you changing the volume via IR to the Beam directly? Because if the volume does not change when the TV is off, it does seem to me the volume is changed via the TV, so using HDMI-CEC.

I should have waited to post this question. I called Sonos this morning, sent them the system diagnostic and the guy did some update or fix from his end.. Now, at least if music is Playing and the TV is off, the remote now works as you’d think it should. Strange though while TV is off and music is paused the Beam gives no response to pressing volume up button it just works when music is actually playing. And when the TV is on, with HDMI-CEC. When my TV is off it uses IR I believe. Thanks to you and Sonos!!

Question answered.