Question

Nvidia Shield + Plex DTS Audio Transcoding

• 20 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi all,

I have a Sonos Playbar and happy with it for more than a year now. Only issue is of course that Playbar doesn't support DTS. From what I understood it was possible to use a NVidia Shield + Plex to transcode the audio tracks to dolby digital. I cannot find how to do this and I was to stupid back than to save the topic...

Does anyone know how to use NVidia Shield TV + Plex to transcode so I can use dts files. I tried plex forum but no luck. Hoping there are other people on this forum who tried to solve the issue...

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Did you find a work around for this?
Just Googled this an came up with the following and can confirm it works (don't need the beta app either). I'm watching Guardians of the Galaxy with the DTS soundtrack and it's showing up as Dolby Digital 5.1 in 'About my Sonos System' 😃 🆒

Userlevel 1
did this also solve the issue with the netflix app? Netflix sends DD+ while sonos can only handle DD. The netflix app does not see DD+ support and therefore removes surround sound from the possible audio outputs). Does that new setting impact the usability of surround sound in the netflix app?
did this also solve the issue with the netflix app? Netflix sends DD+ while sonos can only handle DD. The netflix app does not see DD+ support and therefore removes surround sound from the possible audio outputs). Does that new setting impact the usability of surround sound in the netflix app?

Still show's Dolby Digital 5.1 in the Sonos app but I only have a beam so can't test for actual surround sound.