Question

No Surround Sound with Sony 940E

• 28 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Recently purchased a SONY 940E TV upgrading from a Sharp TV about 7 years old. Sound through Sonos worked perfectly with Sharp. Cannot get surround with Sony. Fiber optic connection from tv to soundbar. Sound perfect when listening to music.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Did you recently upgrade the version 7.4? People are experiencing issues after the update.
I am sure I did. I always update when advised.
Very disappointed in Sonos. Appears there are many issues with updates, loss of sound, suggesting TV settings are the issue. I have to admit I like the system but too many issues for me. Regret the purchase.
I feel the same way about automobile manufacturers, with their constant recalls to fix things that they didn't do right the first time. Why can't they do it correctly?

Or computer and phone manufacturers. Why all the operation system updates, and weekly or monthly "updates"? Is it that hard to get it right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Shpaker, I just took a look at your case, you had some calls with us earlier today. Do you think you could submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number after getting this audio trouble?

The latest diagnostics I see are from version 7.3 (our older software).