No Sound with Arc + firestick + projector using matrix switch

• 15 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi I have been going through blogs and researching online how to figure this out. I am trying to connect my arc to my projector screen to stream with my firestick. After researching I learned you needed a matrix switch box (a few different names to it). I was able to connect my projector screen and arc using this switch and I plugged the firestick directly to the matrix box. The issue is there is no sounding coming from the arc now. I can see my firestick is working off the projector but no sound and I am completely stuck here, any recommendations? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What matrix switch are you using? How exactly is the Arc connected to the matrix? What are your Fire TV Stick audio settings set to?

Hdmi 2.0 matrix switch w arc compatibility. I found it in a youtube page that showed it was needed for a projector set up. I am using an hdmi cord w the sonos adaptor for arc sound to plug directly into the matrix switch box. The audio feature for firestick might be the issue. What am i supposed to have it on for settings?

Userlevel 7

Without knowing which model Fire TV Stick you have, try turning off Dolby Digital Plus or switching the audio setting to Dolby Digital.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos’ naming policy and your lack of capitals (arc, Arc or ARC) makes it a bit hard for me to understand your set up.
So you plug the Firestick into the switch, and also connect the Arc to the switch. Two questions:

• Since you mention the adapter, does this mean there’s an optical connection in there somewhere?
  • The switch is ARC compatible, but probably does create an HDMI-ARC-signal from the non-ARC signal the Firestick sends it - ARC sends sound signals over different strands in the cable compared to non-ARC HDMI. The Arc needs an HDMI-ARC signal to work. Could this be the reason you are not getting sound?