No sound on Sub with Playbar

• 23 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone, 

I have a 5.1 setup with my play bar, sub and a pair of ones. My sub recently had an issue and no longer works through wireless link only wired. My app recognizes it and everything but I get no sound from the sub. 

if I move the sub to another room with any other configuration of speakers it works it just doesn’t work with my playbar. I know there are multiple post about this issue and I’ve tried every single thing but no luck. I opened this new question because wanted to get some extra help also with the a diagnostic I ran: 917345049

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

The Playbar communicates fine with the Ones, apparently, those have no issues with the 5.1 setup. But I can’t get the sub to work with those. It only works if connected to other speakers. 
But your comment makes me think- does the sub and the Playbar communicate wirelessly when in a 5.1? My Sub only works wired

Your Sub should be connecting over its built-in 5Ghz wireless adapter ‘direct’ to the Playbar.

So even if I have it working over wired connection it needs the built-in 5Ghz wireless adapter to communicate with the Playbar? Is there a workaround to only use wired connection in a 5.1 setup?

To be clear the sub has no ability to produce sound (low-end or otherwise) as a standalone speaker. It cannot be paired or grouped to other speakers. It must be BONDED to a Sonos soundbar or other stereo pair at which time it communicates with those speakers via 5GHz wireless. 

The Playbar communicates fine with the Ones, apparently, those have no issues with the 5.1 setup. But I can’t get the sub to work with those. It only works if connected to other speakers. 
But your comment makes me think- does the sub and the Playbar communicate wirelessly when in a 5.1? My Sub only works wired

Your Sub should be connecting over its built-in 5Ghz wireless adapter ‘direct’ to the Playbar.

So even if I have it working over wired connection it needs the built-in 5Ghz wireless adapter to communicate with the Playbar? Is there a workaround to only use wired connection in a 5.1 setup?

If the Sub works perfectly elsewhere with another ‘bonded’ setup, I would perhaps try a reboot of the Playbar (also toggle off/on its WiFi adapter connection in its room settings), or even unbond all Surrounds/Sub and try a factory reset, as a last resort

Userlevel 7

Hi

It appears there is a dis-connection with the 5Ghz cards between the Sub and Playbar. However, even that analogy is a bit off assuming the Playbar still communicates with the Ones ????