No sound from SL One

Just connected Beam Soundbar and two One SL speakers to TV. Connection was successful on app. The Beam plays from the TV and the One SL speakers can control Beam sound so I know they are connected but One SL speakers do not play sound. The Beam is connected to TV by Arc cable and the One SL speakers appear to be connected to my WIFI and must be bc they can control Beam sound.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @lisabell11 

Something doesn’t sound right about your connections. I would suggest you follow the steps (links) below in the order suggested and post back with results:

1. Remove Surrounds: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4803?language=en_US
  2. Add Surrounds: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2927?language=en_US

You’d also want to check to be sure that the Beam is receiving a Dolby Digital signal from the TV, by checking in the Sonos controller, in Settings>System>About my System. Look for the line underneath  the Beam that starts with Audio in:  if it says Stereo instead of Dolby Digital, you’ll need to adjust either your TV or whatever is feeding the TV’s audio settings.

So i checked the Audio in line and it says Dolby Digital. I removed the surrounds and added them again following the instructions above. Still no sound but they still control the volume on the Beam.

THe only other thing I can think is the Connect Amp that controls the outdoor speakers might be interefering? Those are the only other Sonos products we have.

So i checked the Audio in line and it says Dolby Digital. I removed the surrounds and added them again following the instructions above. Still no sound but they still control the volume on the Beam.

THe only other thing I can think is the Connect Amp that controls the outdoor speakers might be interefering? Those are the only other Sonos products we have.

Dolby Digital 2.0 will only play through the rear surrounds if pro-logic-II is used by the programmes sound engineer and has adopted a method called 'matrixing'… so I would perhaps ensure the audio-In to the Beam says “Dolby Digital 5.1” in the ‘About my Sonos’ device list, then check again and see if you have audio from your Surrounds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you play a music source to the room with the Beam, do you hear the music through the One SL’s?

Dolby Digital 2.0 will only play through the rear surrounds if pro-logic-II is used by the programmes sound engineer and has adopted a method called 'matrixing'… so I would perhaps ensure the audio-In to the Beam says “Dolby Digital 5.1” in the ‘About my Sonos’ device list, then check again and see if you have audio from your Surrounds.

Yes, it does say Dolby Digital 5.1 under the Beam. 

If you play a music source to the room with the Beam, do you hear the music through the One SL’s?

No, only the Beam plays music but I can control the Beam volume from the volume controls on both One SLs

So i checked the Audio in line and it says Dolby Digital. I removed the surrounds and added them again following the instructions above. Still no sound but they still control the volume on the Beam.THe only other thing I can think is the Connect Amp that controls the outdoor speakers might be interefering? Those are the only other Sonos products we have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Most peculiar. 

what does it say under Settings, System for the room that has the Beam? 

Have you spoken to Sonos support?

You’d also want to check to be sure that the Beam is receiving a Dolby Digital signal from the TV, by checking in the Sonos controller, in Settings>System>About my System. Look for the line underneath  the Beam that starts with Audio in:  if it says Stereo instead of Dolby Digital, you’ll need to adjust either your TV or whatever is feeding the TV’s audio settings.

So i checked the Audio in line and it says Dolby Digital. I removed the surrounds and added them again following the instructions above. Still no sound but they still control the volume on the Beam.THe only other thing I can think is the Connect Amp that controls the outdoor speakers might be interefering? Those are the only other Sonos products we have.

Hi @lisabell11 

Something doesn’t sound right about your connections. I would suggest you follow the steps (links) below in the order suggested and post back with results:

1. Remove Surrounds: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4803?language=en_US
  2. Add Surrounds: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2927?language=en_US

Most peculiar. 

what does it say under Settings, System for the room that has the Beam? 

Have you spoken to Sonos support?

Room name is “Den (+LS+RS)

It says Beam underneath. When I open the room I see the Beam and the two surrounds 

This is indeed most odd. I would certainly agree with nik9669a’s suggestion that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

Wondering if this ever got resolved, having very same issue.