Answered

No Sound Coming From ARC with Nvidia Shield TV+LG GX

• 24 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I just recently purchased a SHIELD TV Pro. I've had my ARC since launch and everything has worked fine on all other sources (ATV 4K, Internal TV apps). I have my ARC connected via eARC to my LG GX.

I'm not getting any system sounds, but I am getting sounds from Kodi. Other apps such as YouTube do not have any sound at all. I haven't messed with the audio settings on my SHIELD, but I don't see anything that would be symptomatic of causing only Kodi to initiate sound and not the other apps. 

My only thought is that the LG GX recently updated to support LPCM through eARC and I know there are compatibility issues between the ARC and the eARC capable LG OLEDs.

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by MatzoLibre 24 June 2020, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Solved.

Didn’t have CEC enabled. Leaving this post up in the instance that someone else runs into the same issue.

Matzo,

Thanks for the post. I was hoping you’d be able to help me out. 

I currently have a Sonos Arc with an older Samsung TV (2016) paired by an HDMI ARC port. Due to the age of the TV, I am unable to pass through Dolby Digital Plus/ Dolby Digital True HD and get Atmos to work. 

I’m looking at replacing the TV with a 2020 LG GX (assume that’s what you have). Are you able to pass through Dolby Digital True HD for lossless Atmos to your Sonos arc through the LGs eARC port? Are you able to do the same with Apple TV 4K as well as other external sources and the LG TV apps (Netflix)?

Thanks for the help.