Answered

No sound Beam Gen 2

• 11 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I’ve suddenly lost sound on my Beam Gen2. I was watching some content on my Apple TV 4K and all was OK, but found I couldn't adjust the volume using the Apple TV remote, when pressing +/_ the volume didn't change and the text ‘Home Theatre -/+’ didn’t appear on the TV screen. However I could adjust the volume when using my Sky Q remote and the volume text did appear on my TV screen.

When I finished watching the programme I got no sound at all so I turned off the Apple TV 4K, and found I have no sound via Sky Q either. When pressing the volume buttons on my TV remote and Sky Q remote I get the volume text appear on my TV screen, but nothing happens, no sound at all.

When using the SONOS app on my iPhone I can slide the volume bar along but still no sound from my Beam and no volume text appears.

When I ask “What volume is Sonos” she speaks back to me via the Beam saying “This device is at volume 1”.

I have pressed the volume buttons on top of the Beam but nothing. I have a solid white light illuminated on top of the Beam.

Any suggestions please?

icon

Best answer by The Bear. 12 September 2022, 00:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Make sure that the connection between the TV and BEAM is fully seated at both ends. Can you play Internet Radio or a service such as Spotify on BEAM?

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply.

Well as an update, it may have been an issue with the Apple TV 4K remote, lots of people online having issues with it this evening.

To start with I unplugged the Beam and plugged back in, the volume buttons works on all my remotes apart from the Apple TV remote. After some research I found others were having the same issue and the Apple TV remote could be reset by holding down the ‘Home’ & ‘volume down’ buttons for 5 seconds. This did the trick. So maybe it was an Apple thing?

Likely an Apple TV “new feature”. I’m not an Apple TV user.