No Digital Dolby Audio out from Beam

• 10 August 2018
  • 5 replies

I just bought a Beam but I am unable to get Digital Dolby Audio as an output, only stereo. I have it connected via the HDMI ARC on my Sony Bravia KD50SD8005. The TV is set to output Dolby Digital Plus and ClearAudio+ is also enabled.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I just bought a Beam but I am unable to get Digital Dolby Audio as an output, only stereo. I have it connected via the HDMI ARC on my Sony Bravia KD50SD8005. The TV is set to output Dolby Digital Plus and ClearAudio+ is also enabled.

What is the source of the TV output are you sure it has a 5:1 signal? Have you checked your settings on the Source device?
I was using the Amazon Prime App to watch a movie. I'm pretty sure it supports 5.1 but worth looking into.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I was using the Amazon Prime App to watch a movie. I'm pretty sure it supports 5.1 but worth looking into.

Also, you will need two surround speakers for true 5:1, you don't mention if you have this set-up?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Don't set the TV for DDPlus, use regular DD instead as Sonos can't do Plus. This is likely why the TV is downgrading the signal to Stereo.
Correct, I do need 2 surround speakers which I don't have at the moment for true 5:1 but I would expect the output to be DD unless this is not the case.

I'll also switch the TV to regular DD to see if this helps.