Answered

No audio at all from DTS BluRays since LPCM update

• 11 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

I think this LPCM update just completely screwed me up with my small collection of blurays with DTS.

I have an LG CX that cannot passthrough DTS 

I play my blurays on an oppo203 player, before the update I would get stereo 2.0 with its blurays, player was set to bitstream.

Since new update I cannot get any audio at all, I tried all the audio settings on the 203, Bitstream, auto and LPCM.

I don’t understand where the issue lies.

icon

Best answer by ledzep1 11 November 2020, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Ignore/fixed

Just needed to turn TV and ARC off at plug for a few minutes, all working now. likely just needed to re- negotiate new format.

Dts blurays from oppo 203 via lg cx to ARC gets me multichannel 5.1/7.1 and sounds very good.

Extremely happy the ARC has finally got the LPCM support, no more stereo 2.0

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Would you mind sharing your CX sound settings? I have a CX/ARC/UB820 and getting stereo 2.0 for DTS :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Would you mind sharing your CX sound settings? I have a CX/ARC/UB820 and getting stereo 2.0 for DTS :(

Sure, I use passthrough and eARC on, on my oppo203 I have sound set to bitstream.

Am I the only one that, since the lpcm update (and also purchased an oled CX) finally has surround sound again with his blurays that only have dts tracks?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Am I the only one that, since the lpcm update (and also purchased an oled CX) finally has surround sound again with his blurays that only have dts tracks?

Well no because the author of the post also has this, with his oppo203.

what blu ray player are you using?