No Atmos on Disney+ or Amazon Prime video (Sonos Arc and Sony X950G)

• 19 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 14 replies

Hi all, I am having numerous issues with my Sonos Arc and was hoping someone could help me out. First involves only getting Atmos from certain sources and not others.

I can get Atmos from Netflix as indicated in the program info on screen and on the Sonos phone app.

Cannot get Atmos from Amazon Prime video or Disney+. The audio maxes out at 5.1.

My Disney+ settings are at the highest quality A/V level. I don’t know of any other app settings to change for either Amazon Prime video or Disney+ that might affect this.

Is this happening because I am using the native TV streaming apps? The Sony X950G runs Android OS.

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My understanding is no Atmos with Disney on Android TV. I get Atmos via Netflix and Amazon on my Sony A8G. 

jack Ryan is good test for Amazon Atmos. 

Badge

Good to know about Disney+ not yet having Atmos on Android TV. Still leaves me wondering why I'm getting Atmos on Netflix but not on Amazon Video. I have also made sure to update every OS and app. Wish things weren't this complicated.