No Atmos on Beam 2 from LG C1 TV

• 15 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I have the same issue as described by this chap - 

But when I look at the setting mentioned (HDMI Input Audio Format) it’s greyed out? Should the TV be prepped by changing a setting before the Beam is plugged in or could there be another setting somewhere that needs tweaking before the above setting becomes available? If it provides a possible clue….when I select the speech enhancement option in the Sonos app, it doesn’t appear to make any difference, well, if it does then it is very, very subtle!

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have any other media device connected to your TV by HDMI or are you using the TV’s internal apps?

In the linked thread, that user was using a Virgin V6 box.

I have a similar kind of thing but mine is the older VM Tivo box. I’m accessing Atmos demos on the TV’s YouTube app. My sockets are occupied thus…

HDMI

1 - Tivo
2 - Sonos Beam 2
3 - BluRay player
4 - HDMI extension hub with 4 available sockets. Only two are used - one for Xbox 360 and one for Xbox One.

Userlevel 7

The HDMI Input Audio Format won’t be applicable when using the TV’s apps.

It should show available options when using your TiVo/BluRay player/Xbox

I’ll let someone else takeover here as I’m still getting to grips with Atmos capability myself.