Question

No ATMOS on ARC despite Dolby Digital Plus working.

• 14 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi 

I may be missing something simple but I have just received delivery of my new ARC. All set up fine very impressed with it. However I have Sky Q, I have changed the sound settings to Dolby Digital Plus, If I watch programs/films in SD HD and NON atmos UHD I have no issues. If I play a movie that is recorded in Dolby Atmos I have no sound. This is despite the SKY info box saying that ATMOS is supported through Dolby Digital Plus and being told by Samsung that my TV supports pass through for Dolby Digital Plus. 

Any ideas/solutions would be appreciated 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @LRP2000.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate you having the new Sonos Arc and for the detailed post outlining your concern, and let me help and try to figure this out.

First,  Dolby Atmos can do two types of surround sound signals: 

• Dolby TrueHD

• Dolby Digital Plus (DD+)

May I know how the Arc is connected to the TV, is it through HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC?

Check if Arc is receiving an Atmos signal, it will be displayed within the Sonos App on both the "Now Playing" screen, and within the settings portion of our app.

For more information, you may check this article that outlines the main factors that determine if your Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio. 

Kindly submit a diagnostic report while the issue is occurring, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the device and see if there’s anything causing this issue

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.