New TV set up

• 16 August 2018
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to setup a new tv to my sound bar and sub. I can’t find the settings on the app to set the new tv up.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Ah, good point Danny. Was thinking PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE, not Beam. The OP wasn't clear by stating "soundbar".
And other than changing the remote IR commands, there's not much to change. The optical port would be receiving a Dolby Digital signal, no matter what TV is feeding it.

Yes, unless your connecting to a Beam through HDMI ARC. Also wasn't 100% sure if this was new Sonos equipment that would need to be setup first. Doesn't sound like it, but since the post was a little vague, I didn't want to assume anything.
And other than changing the remote IR commands, there's not much to change. The optical port would be receiving a Dolby Digital signal, no matter what TV is feeding it.
Which soundbar do you have? And can you clarify whether you are adding a new TV to existing Sonos products, or adding new Sonos products to an existing TV?

This page has links to several different articles on how to do setups, but I can't really give you more specific information as I'm not exactly sure what your situation is.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support/home-theater