Question

New Sonos ARC with no sound from surrounds

• 28 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 17 replies

Hi All,

I have just become the owner of a Sonos ARC which I have been looking forward to for a while. After setting up the ARC and having issues with my Sonos Play 1 surrounds I decided to hardwire my ARC and use the SonosNet configuration. 

I have an LG C9 and Apple TV 4K and have been using Netflix to tryout the Sonos ARC capabilities but for some reason the Sonos Play 1 surround speakers don’t seem to be in sync or on occasions don’t work. Or should I say sometimes for no reason vocals will move from the ARC to the Play 1’s… Sort of with a muffled effect. I just watched Formula 1 drive to survive on Netflix and the sound was everywhere even when a driver was doing an interview???

It’s as though the voice flips back and forth between the ARC and the surrounds, making it sound very unstable.

My ARC is connected to the eARC HDMI port and the LG C9 has eARC enabled and Passthrough configured???

I have also checked my Audio settings on the AppleTV.

Everything is running on the latest firmware’s including my iPhone when I configured the speakers.

I would love to know if anyone else is having this issue with the surround setup?

Or perhaps what I can do to resolve the issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @myatix

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. To help you check why there’s no sound from your surround speakers, I'll be requesting a diagnostic report submitted from your Sonos system. Please don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response to look into your system and find out the cause. We'll wait for your reply. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.