Question

New Beam works intermittently-Unable to connect to Sonos Product

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a Play 3 and just purchased a Beam. The Beam works with the TV. The problem is the radio. it works when ‘Group’ed with the Play 3 BUT not all the time! I have gotten it to work on it’s own ungroup’ed playing the radio but only once or twice briefly before connection dropped and it says ‘Unable to connect to Sonos product’. Most of the time when I try to play the radio on the Beam it is unable to connect to Sonos product. Currently both products are in same room, close to router, but my plan is to move the Play 3 but I need to get Beam working properly first. I am guessing the problem is not the Beam but maybe wifi or router related? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @pedro00.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

If you're seeing this message, it means that the Sonos app is having trouble connecting to your Sonos products. This article provides some steps to follow to get your app reconnected to your Sonos system.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything under the hood possibly causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.