Question

New As of November 2020 - Arc bot working with Samsung Frame

• 29 November 2020
  • 1 reply

As of the last update my Arc no longer works with my Samsung Frame TV when connected via eArc/HDMI.  The issue is sound cutting out (or rather in, as I hear mostly nothing but the sound will pop in every few seconds for usually less than a second).  I am using the most recent Sub and Sonos Ones. This setup worked for several weeks before the most recent updates. Resetting the HDMI connection corrects the problem for a given session but I need to do it every time I turn the tv on. Cycling the power works as well but there is no permanent fix. I have swapped out the hdmi cable twice. My assumption is this is a SW issue given that it coincided with the last update. Hoping for a fix. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @pjhamlen, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. We appreciate all your time and effort working to resolve the audio issue with your Sonos Arc. 

I'd like to ask questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Is your TV software updated?
  2. Have you tried disabling the eARC on the TV?
  3. Is adjust the group audio delay make an improvement?
    • Settings > System > Tap your Sonos Arc> Group Audio Delay and then choose a delay option.
  4. Did you check for Sonos updates? Settings > System > Check for updates.

If you’re still having the same problem, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and perform some tests to isolate the issue. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.