Need Help - Sony TV Apple TV and Sonos

• 18 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have the current setup:
Apple 4K TV connected to the Sony XBR65X930E TV using HDMI 2
XBOX One X Connected to same TV using HDMI 3
TV connected to playbar using optical audio
Sub and two play 1 to create surround sound - connected through ethernet for one of the play 1.

When i use the Xbox One games, i see 5.1 under Sonos App, settings, About.
Apple 4K TV shows stereo even though i adjusted the selection within ATV sound settings to Dolby 5.1 - i get sound but Sonos app shows Stereo and not 5.1

I tried Netflix, CBS, NBC, and FOX apps within Apple TV and only get Stereo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
It sounds like you need to check the audio settings of the TV itself and make sure your optical connection is allowing to pass 5.1 through.
Thank you. I did check and it is allowing 5.1 as my xbox one x shows up as 5.1 in Sonos app using the same connection.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Oh yeah. Overlooked that part. Can you try switching the HDMI ports? Plug the Apple TV into the HDMI port you're using for Xbox.
Hey Michael, I wanted to check because I have the exact same setup, with my sony tv model https://docs.sony.com/release//KDL65W850A.pdf

Did you manage to fix this problem?
Hello, I was able to find a solution. I switched HDMI ports and changed my hdmi cable.