Answered

My Play3 pair and sub wont allow the Playbar to join

• 1 February 2022
  • 5 replies

I just did a reboot of all my speakers and an update to get things going.. but now I find that my ‘Family Room’ Group of speaker that Iv’e set up, 2 Play 3’s and a sub gen 2 wont allow the Playbar to join the group.

icon

Best answer by John B 1 February 2022, 12:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi. What exactly do you mean by ‘join the group’?  Do you want this to be a home theater setup with the Play:1s as surrounds?  Did you do a reset rather than a reboot?  Reboot just means power on and off.  Did you do more than that? (I hope not.)  Family Room isn’t a group, it’s a room.  Please clarify what you are trying to achieve.

Ah ok thanks John.. SO what I mean is that I’m trying to create a room with surround sound that includes the Playbar, the 2 Plays and  the sub… I did a reboot only not a reset

Userlevel 7

To create a Home Theatre setup, follow these steps:

• Remove Sub from Family Room
  • Remove Stereo Pair from Family Room

Your Play:3s will then show in separate rooms and the Sub will be “not assigned” to a room. 

Within the Garage Playbar Room settings, you should then be able to select the options Add Surrounds and Add Sub.

If the Room name for Playbar remains as Garage, you can easily change it to Living Room in the app, if that’s what you want to call the room.

OK - that’s good, although not sure how you ended up here if you had a HT setup beforehand!  You have to build this starting from the Playbar, so:

1. In the settings for your current stereo pair, choose to remove Sub and accept the option to move it to the Playbar.
  2. Separate the stereo pair.  (If either is called ‘Family Room’, rename it to something else}
  3. In the Settings for the Playbar, add surrounds, and follow the prompts
  4. Change the name from ‘Garage’ to ‘Family Room’

Edit: might be better to swap steps 3 and 4 but I don't think it will make any difference 

Thank you both very much guys for your clear assistance… this is fixed and encouraged me to go ahead and get my vinyl player set up @John B + @Mr. T :relaxed: