Question

Multiple Sources into Arc (switch recommendation?

• 29 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Can you recommend an HDMI switch (for audio). I have the Sonos ARC and want my TV and my record player both connected to the ARC via HDMI cables, but the ARC only has one HDMI connection…? Would like to not have to manually unplug/plug the different HDMI cable into the back of the soundbar every time I want to switch from playing TV sound to playing record player sound. 

open to an alternative solution as well...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Microbin.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

The supported configuration for Sonos home theater products is to connect directly to the TV, and wiring directly to the source device like a cable box, record player, and such is not a recommended set up.  Same with using an intermediary device to get the audio from multiple sources prior to it getting to the TV, it’s also unsupported. While there are a few reasons why you may be or may need to use HDMI switch, adaptors, Audio/Video Receiver, Projector, etc., these are non-supported configuration for it ‘may’ or ‘may not’ work with Sonos. 

Hopefully, somebody who has this type of setup and using the same devices will stop by and be able to help you.

Furthermore, some of the community members might provide their suggestions and recommendations about this anytime soon.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.