Answered

Multichannel PCM on Sonos ARC timeline

• 23 June 2020
  • 2 replies

My current LG C9 tv software has been upgraded to allow multichannel PCM passthrough via eARC HDMI. Now this has been activated, my Apple TV audio is not compatible with the ARC… I know it has been suggested a software update is coming, but do we have a timeline for this? 

I have sent multiple emails to Sonos regarding this, as if this update isn’t going to be rolled out (like the previous DTS promise on the playbar) I want to return the ARC before the return period. Hence I need a solid answer and not just a maybe. I would prefer to save the money and slowly diverge from Sonos, as this is yet another huge oversight. May need to start thinking of another home audio solution. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 23 June 2020, 13:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There was never a promise of DTS.  It was looked into, but it was never stated that it was coming.  

As to a timeline, Sonos rarely gives them, and when they do it is given in a partnership with another company.  So, you aren't going to get one here.

Cool. Thanks for the reply!