Muffled / Distorted sounding brand new playbase

• 7 September 2017
  • 1 reply

My playbase is not working, had it less than 24 hours and now it is distorted and muffled. tried twice to get through to ring up for support but long queues, then called at 17.30 and they are closed. not a good start and don't fancy a 50 mile round trip to the store 😞

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

OK, you haven't given us a lot of information to work with, but I'll take a shot.

1) Have you checked to make sure the optical cable is correctly seated at both ends?
2) Have you checked the audio settings on your TV, to make sure that it is sending a dolby digital signal through to your PLAYBASE?
3) Have you tried a TruePlay session, assuming that you have an iOS device with which you can do it?
4) Can you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at?
5) Can you tell us what kind of signal the PLAYBASE is receiving, which is in the Settings>About My Sonos System in the section listing the PLAYBASE?
6) Can you tell us what kind of TV you have?
7) Can you tell us what the source was that you're testing with, and what device it came from, and how that device is connected to your TV?

That should at least give us something to work with, while we wait for Sonos to look at the diagnostic, once you post the number.