Question

Moving Sonos One Sls around

Is there an easy way to use my Sonos One Sls in the kitchen and switch them to play with my Sonos Arc in the lounge after physically moving them back to there previous location and vice versa regularly without having to set up again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No. 

Shame, I can’t be the only one that wants to use the One SLs more!

I think Sonos wants you to purchase more speakers :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

That’s certainly the “easy” way - two for surrounds duty and two more in the kitchen!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I was thinking the same thing. We watch a movie maybe once a week. The though was to have the Ones around the house other times. How much work would it be to do once a week?

It’s just re-setting up the speaker each time, there isn’t any irreversible step. Go ahead and try swapping them from surround duty to separates. I suspect the more times you do it, you could get the process to sub five minutes….but it’s just a pain, not impossible. 

Oh, one more thing. When you change the ‘rooms’, if you’ve done any TruePlay set up, that will be lost, and you’ll need to go through that process each time, if you so desire. 

Oh, one more thing. When you change the ‘rooms’, if you’ve done any TruePlay set up, that will be lost, and you’ll need to go through that process each time, if you so desire. 

That’s the annoying part. For me its actually a deal breaker and I would like to have 2 positions of use, one in the kitchen, one in the lounge and then some preset ‘Trueplay tuned’ options for when I put them back in their respective positions. It’s a pity trueplay isn't automatic like Apple HomePods. And my wallet is starting to hurt at having spent on all the other Sonos kit already!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks. I’ll give it a little more thought then. Maybe do the IKEA Symphonisk as surrounds for now and consider the ones down the road. I wish I could just use google home to round out the living room and whole house audio, but alas 

The IKEA option should be good although they are quite a bit bigger and have less flexible bracket options unless you DIY some. But it’s probably the best way around it.