Mounting Sonos Arc to

• 28 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi. It is still a little unclear to me about the clearance needed when mounting the Arc to the wall. My TV/wall mount combo is about 3” from the wall and if I mounted the Arc to the wall, there would be about 2”-2.5” between the bottom of the TV and the top of the Arc. The Arc drivers take up a little over 2.5” of the front of the arc. I am wondering how thick the Arc mount is and how much further out it will make the Arc from the wall. Will the Arc stick out enough past the TV to avoid the sound being obstructed? If so, then is the 2-2.5” of clearance between the TV and Arc sufficient for the Arc to work properly?  

Thank you and apologies if this has been answered before. I could not find the answer to my particular situation.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Arc wall mounting instructions/recommendations are shown here:

Wall mounting the Arc

The Arc wall mounting instructions/recommendations are shown here:

Wall mounting the Arc

Thanks Ken. Excuse my apparent confusion, but the instructions mention both 4” and 5.5”. Am I reading it correctly in that when mounting the bracket, it is 5.5” from the top of wall mount to the TV and in doing so, that leaves the Arc 4” from the bottom of TV? I just want to be sure I am understanding correctly. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7

I think the instructions are just saying to leave a minimum of 4” of space between the bottom of the TV and top of the Arc in any mounting situation. The 5.5” is the distance the positioning guide creates for you.

I read it the same way as GuitarSuperstar as 4 inches is the recommended ‘least’ (minimum) value between the two and the ‘guide’ provided will set the Arc at 5.5 inches below… as long as you have more than 4” it should be okay ..and at least one foot space on either side for its side-firing speakers.