Question

Mounting a Sonos Arc to a Full Motion Wall Mount

• 21 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I would like to mount my new Sonos Arc bar below my LG65Nano90 TV and I would like to know if anyone has experience mounting it to a Sanus Advanced Full Motion Wall Mount?  I would like the sound bar to move with the TV.  I am designing a specialized bracket to hold the Arc to the Sanus but I have one concern and that is will it impact the sound?  I see the Arc either mounted to a wall or sitting on a mantle or cabinet.  Is that simply because there is no commercial product or is it for performance?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I have my Arc mounted below the TV (LG 49NANO866NA). The TV is attached to a cantilever TV wall mount and I used a low cost generic sound bar mount to suspend the Arc under the TV. To reduce the combined weight of the TV and Arc being secured through the four captive VESA nuts in the TV, I bolted the sound bar mount directly to the cantilever TV mount. The TV mount is designed to support up to 60Kg at an extension of 900mm from the wall, so it is more than strong enough to cope with the TV and Arc.   

I have no issues with the Arc sound quality (used with a Sub and a pair of Fives as surrounds). Very pleased with the setup. I don’t recall detecting any difference in sound from when I originally had the Arc sat on the cabinet below the TV. 

Great setup!  Thanks for your reply!