Question

missing volume display on samsung series 7 tv

• 29 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Has anyone found a fix to display the volume level on Samsung series 7 tv 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

@kev76 Thank you for reaching out to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. Please provide us more information with the issue you are having with your Sonos product(s)? We can see that you had an email case with our agents explaining that we do not control or send a signal from our product(s) to your TV to show as an audio display on your TV screen. You disabled the TV speakers if you have added a Beam, Playbar or Amp to your TV as the out for the audio. You would need to consult your TV manual or TV maker to find the display setting that shows the old volume level of your TV speakers when them were active.

I have just bought Sonos beam sound bar that is connected to my samsung UE49RU7300KXXU via hdmi 3 (arc) which all works good but just one annoying thing is when I adjust the volume on the tv I always get a message on the right hand side of the tv saying “receiver (HDMI)” can you stop this for me ? I contacted Sonos and they said it’s Samsung that issues that message

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I contacted Sonos and they said it’s Samsung that issues that message

Seems reasonable, except this is a Sonos forum, not a Samsung one.

I know it’s it Sonos forum I was trying to see if anybody else has had this problem because I am not having any luck with Samsung sorting the problem as they say it is not the tv

Userlevel 1
Badge

Try turning off HDMI CEC

I turned off hdmi cec and it then defaults to TV speakers and bypasses the 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I turned off hdmi cec and it then defaults to TV speakers and bypasses the 

If you turn off CEC you will lose the signalling channel that negotiates the audio codec over ARC. By the nature of your incomplete sentence, sounds like it breaks something.