Answered

Microphone for Symfonisk

Hello, I have a Simfonisk frame speaker and I am interested in use as a speaker for a microphone, ..... there is any microphone that I can use with this speaker?? Any app?? Do you sell any wifi microphone that I can hook up with this wifi speaker?? I will appreciate your help please.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 May 2022, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Unfortunately not. The way the software is designed does not make it useful as a PA or Karaoke style speaker system. 

Is PA or karaoke your reason for wanting a microphone?  Or are you trying to add voice assistant features to your speaker?

Ah, I see where you’re going, Danny.

If the OP is looking for voice control of his music, then an inexpensive Amazon Dot or Google device would supply that functionality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Or hold for a while… will Sonos release an optional hardware device (microphone) when they announce their Voice Control system?

I’d think that’s a pretty remote (no pun intended) chance.  They’ve had TruePlay for years now, and have never released a microphone for that. Would seem odd, even if they’re adding their own voice control system as rumored, that they’d release a mic. And to have a mic that adds voice control, but not TruePlay would be odd, too. 

Could be wrong, though. I suppose we’ll find out for sure in today’s marketing announcement (that is today, right?)