Answered

Low Volume Issue

• 5 January 2018
  • 4 replies

I have a Playbase with Sonos sub and when listing to music the system has a full, loud and wonderful sound. When listing to anything from Apple TV, the volume level seems to be about half that of the music. Netflix is what I tried last night. First listing through the Apple TV then Netflix from our Sony Smart TV. Using the same movie from each source provides two very different volume levels. Great sound from the Netflix app on the TV but poor sound from Apple TV. Also the sound is poor from my Sony blu-ray player. Tried upgraded optical cable but that did not work. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by mycarguy99 6 January 2018, 02:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

That's really odd. It wouldn't have anything to do with the optical cable, but instead the volume being carried through the HDMI to the TV. Have you tried unplugging the PLAYBASE and using the TV's speakers to see if it's the same?

Hmmm. I would at least check to see if there's a setting on the TV's audio page for making sure that the optical (or digital) port is fixed, rather than variable, but that's an outside shot. But there shouldn't be any setting on the Apple TV that allows you to "set" the volume across the HDMI, it should always be fixed.

You do have the Apple TV hooked up with an HDMI cable, right? I can't think of another way to do it, but I suppose it's worth asking.
TV volume without Sonos is fine on all applications. Have not tried the "fixed" settings. That could help. Thanks!
Yea, was afraid of that. I'm hoping that the TV is "leveling" all output for the speakers on it's own, and not doing it for the digital (optical) output. Hopefully you can find that setting, and change it. If not, I'm at a loss....
Found a setting on my Sony TV. Went to sound settings and then to sound adjustments Under advanced settings. Then went to digital audio output volume and simply raised it from 50 percent to 80 percent. Solve my problem. Thanks for the help.