Answered

Loud Short Buzz Coming from Beam after TV is turned off

• 11 December 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Pogi - I don’t understand exactly how to do it, can you explain it to a slow dude like me? 😂 Thanks! 🙏🏼

My setup: LG C8, Sonos beam and Apple TV 4K.
On your settings for lg tv you have an option to have a tone when your tv is turned on or off ,you have to turn that tone to off, it is the lingering data noise that creates the buzz. Also if you leave Netflix on but turn TV off you will get that buzz to. Sorry but I won’t have TV access for a while, so I can’t get to specific about turning the beep off. Google can help u for turning the on off beep for LG TV. . Hope this helps
Pogi - Thanks a lot, problem solved with closing Netflix on my Apple Tv before turning of the tv. GREAT! Thanks again Pogi! 👍🏼

Has anyone had a decent resolution to this?

i have an LG c8 and Playbar. Has been intermittently buzzing after turning off. Lasts few seconds. cant turn the simplink off as when I change audio output back to hdmi arc it then turns it back on. When it’s on optical output there is a pretty bad Audio sync issue when using Apple TV or another hdmi source. 

any ideas?

thanks

Has anyone had a decent resolution to this?

i have an LG c8 and Playbar. Has been intermittently buzzing after turning off. Lasts few seconds. cant turn the simplink off as when I change audio output back to hdmi arc it then turns it back on. When it’s on optical output there is a pretty bad Audio sync issue when using Apple TV or another hdmi source. 

any ideas?

thanks

Perhaps see if changing the HDMI-ARC port sound-out setting from Auto to 'Pass-Thru' In Settings/Sounds resolves the matter. If not, try unplugging other HDMI connected devices (one at a time) to see if the problem disappears.