Lost surround and sub ( after update ?)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1604 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Even if they could just give us the last firmware back somehow.  At least we could enjoy the multi-thousand costing system in the 

thought I had escaped this issue but sadly I just tried to watch a movie on Netflix and noticed no bass. Sure enough everything shows connected but no sound from the sub. It randomly came back like 15 minutes later.  Now I'm constantly over listening to try and tell if there is bass or not from fear.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yeah pretty frustrating and considering I’ve seen dozens of people here, the subreddit, and at least three Sonos Facebook groups all having the same issue, just odd that there’s no word officially to at least check in with us.  Guess they be too busy with them new products.  

Can we please just get an update that Sonos is at least looking into this audio dropout issue that has been happening since 14.6?  You cannot just update another thread with 250+ replies in a month saying call tech support. If you guys cannot find an issue at least roll the speakers back to the previous firmware until you do.  I don't understand what is so difficult about that ?  Thousands of us are suffering.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Just adding another voice to this problem. Since 14.6 I get occasional sync issues with Arc/Sub/One SLs. Surrounds go out of sync and there’s a slight delayed rumble from the sub on male voices.

Rebooting the Arc solves it but come back after a day or two.

Never had ANY issues after Sonos updates before, normally rock solid, set-up and forget stuff. 

One that that seems extremely consistent is that we all seem to have the ARC. I don't see anyone with a beam + surrounds or a beam + sub having issues.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just want to add my voice to the choir, same issue as everyone is describing here. Play:1 rears in a Sonos Arc system just stop working, or have a 1 to 2 second delay, or start distorting. All since 14.6, no other hardware or network changes. This was rock solid until this update.

Really disappointed with the Sonos non-reaction to this, with the retracted statement, and the experience I’ve had with support, fobbing me off an denying there’s an issue, it’s starting to feel like amateur hour. And it really shouldn’t with a premium product like this. Sonos need to come out and own the issue properly, with some sort of approximate timeline for a fix.

Jumping in to say same issue(s) here.  Funny enough I JUST purchased an Arc/Sub and set them up within the last week so my setup is the same as most - Arc/Sub/Ones.  Pretty terrible timing, but what can you do.

I did want to call out that I very much appreciate this community and all the voices on this thread.  Hoping for a fix soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The update absolutely does not work. Updated to the same problem.... Why bother with update? How about letting us roll back? How can this be acceptable? I guess it just doesn't matter because they have our money. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The update absolutely does not work. Updated to the same problem.... Why bother with update? How about letting us roll back? How can this be acceptable? I guess it just doesn't matter because they have our money. 

Voice it out mate, posting here alone won’t really help. I took to twitter but no response there as well. They have managed to brick the system and are not owning the problem. Probably taking to social media is the only alternative I can think of.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I just got hit. Wtf Sonos? 

Userlevel 2

Yet another one chipping in here, the more the better and hopefully we can get this fixed. Just spent nearly $3k AUD on this System ARC, Sub Gen3, 2x One SLs. Pretty disappointed to find my sub and rears dropping out almost daily, only power cycling them returns the audio, yet they stay connected in the app. Definitely cant recommend Sonos to anyone after this crap. Have tried 2 different access points since this started, so my wifi is not to blame.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Please do not only post problems here. To make Sonos aware of any problem make a diagnostic after the problem surfaces an call Sonos. The diagnostics might give them a clue to a solution too….

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Is anyone here having the issue when using a single Gen2 sub in their setup by any chance?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Is anyone here having the issue when using a single Gen2 sub in their setup by any chance?

I have a Gen 2 sub and have this issue. I suffer from  both the loss of bass and the sync issues. I’ve already been on to Sonos tech support who fobbed me off with it being local network interference.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am using a sub 2 and a sub 3 

I’ve started experiencing the same issue over the past couple of days - all devices are running 14.6

Sub gen 3 drops out, with no sound, but still shows as present in the app. Power cycling restores it for a while, but then it drops again.

It’s linked to a Beam gen 2 - noticing that most of the comments here come from Arc users! 

Same issue with my Sonos Arc, One SL surrounds, and Sub

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

It’s linked to a Beam gen 2 - noticing that most of the comments here come from Arc users! 

Yes indeed - interesting that a Beam has crept into the picture. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I have a Gen 2 sub and have this issue. I suffer from  both the loss of bass and the sync issues. I’ve already been on to Sonos tech support who fobbed me off with it being local network interference.

Agreed.  If it is network interferences, I would like to know from Sonos what changed in their code during 14.6 that made peoples network signal move from ‘stable’ to ‘unstable’. And why people have surround sound and move to a different format or app and then suddenly lose rears and/or sub. i.e. the network interference occurs at the same time as moving between sounds formats. And lastly, why peoples network was fine before 14.6. 

Network interference just does not add up as an answer - something very much has changed or has been introduced (directly or indirectly) by change. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Please do not only post problems here. To make Sonos aware of any problem make a diagnostic after the problem surfaces an call Sonos. The diagnostics might give them a clue to a solution too….

I do agree with this. Everyone who has the problem should also send as many diagnostics as they can to make sure Sonos has a 360 picture of the problems.  It also becomes a numbers game where they have to react when the incidents that occur get high enough.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

How many more diagnostics need to be provided? They are not even owning the defect now. Don’t think venting our disappointment will help here, please take it to social media and push the developers to retract the update if they can’t figure out how they have bricked the systems. 

Every single submission, if Sonos is notified to look at them, helps build a case, or provides information about some other issue that could be present. As noted in the Diagnostics - How do they work? thread, Sonos doesn’t automatically look at every diagnostic, they need to be nudged by either a call to Sonos support, or a post here in these forums. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I did another live chat yesterday with Sonos. Its getting ridiculous now. They were saying that they could see my system was picking up PCM from my AppleTv and thats why i have no surrounds, as PCM is just stereo. I told him that Apple Tv outputs lossless LPCM which is 7.1 but he said it doesnt, and as he said that, the surrounds came back on. He couldnt explain it, just said it was weird. He then said that its my Sony tv, the settings are wrong. I give up. Why cant they just own up to it, acknowedge they are working on a fix and it will be sorted. As it is, ill just return it all and go another option.

I wanted to chime in here as well to add my voice to the list of people with issues. Having issues with a Sub Gen 3 connected to a Sonos Arc and having issues with sync and disconnections. Seems random and hoping there is a fix coming soon.