Answered

lost connection to sonos

• 9 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a beam and two play:1s. Had them connected for surround sound. Late this afternoon I turned the tv on and none of the speakers were connected. I tried connected them again but could only get the beam connected to the tv. I try to add the play:1s for surround but it says it can’t do that. I need help to get the surround set up again. 

I just submitted a problem about not being able to get surrounds connected to a sound beam. Now I can’t even get into the Sonos app. It says it can’t find speakers connected to the WiFi. The sound beam is still playing what’s on the tv. But the play:1s have nothing coming out of them. I can’t get a diagnostics number since I can’t get into the app

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 March 2020, 03:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It seems like you’re having issues between your controller device, your router, and the speakers.

The reason the Beam works during this is that it is hardwired to your TV, and doesn’t require internet, although the surrounds would.

I would try this first. Unplug all of your Sonos devices from power, including the Beam. While they are all powered off, reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up, then go ahead and plug all of your Sonos devices back in. Give them all a couple of minutes to boot up, then open the controller and see if they all show up.

If they don’t, connect any one of your Sonos devices to your router with an Ethernet cable, then wait a couple of minutes for that process to spread across the network, and then try opening the controller app again.

I’m hoping that you don’t have any Wi-Fi extenders, access points, or mesh networks set up. 

Just reread your post, if you have to run an Ethernet cable temporarily to help troubleshooting, it needs to be connected to the Beam, and not one of the surrounds. 

Having this problem- after adding xFinity xfi pods (mesh network). What is the special issue with mesh networks referenced in prior post?

Having this problem- after adding xFinity xfi pods (mesh network). What is the special issue with mesh networks referenced in prior post?

Mesh networks seem to work best with Sonos in Wired setup, with one Sonos speaker (or a Boost) wired to the main router hub.  

See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3235

Moderator Note: Link updated

Mesh networks seem to work best with Sonos in Wired setup, with one Sonos speaker (or a Boost) wired to the main router hub.  

See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3235

Moderator Note: Link updated

Thank you very much. This was very helpful.