Answered

Logitech Harmony Elite and Sonos Volume Issues

• 18 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Logitech pushed out a firmware update at the end of March that broke the volume adjustment on my Sonos system.  It takes about 10 presses of the volume on the remote before anything registers.  I was hoping that Logitech would push out another firmware update to fix the issue but I am starting to think that is not the case.  Has anyone else found a solution to the problem or a better alternative?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by BarackOdrama 25 August 2022, 14:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I had this issue but I updated the Sonos system software today and the issue was fixed. 

Hoi Barack,

Welke update heb je nu dit is opgelost?

Groetjes 

Claudio

Badge

Thanks for reporting.  I updated my Sonos system the other night after reading your thread and have had minimal issues yet.  I am still holding out for more time to see if it is resolved but I am hopeful.  Thanks!

I had this issue and had been trawling the internet for a solution and couldn’t find anything. 

Anyway, it could have been totally coincidental but I had the Sonos app open on the ‘TV’ page (with the volume, night mode, speech enhancement, etc), I then changed the volume on my remote with the screen on my phone open, and I could see the volume indicator moving on my phone. 

From this point on, the remote was able to change the volume as per normal and without the Sonos app open. 

Badge

I have been waiting to see if the issue was totally resolved but it still is happening.  It isn’t nearly as bad as before but you can clearly see with the Sonos app open on my phone that not every volume button press on the remote registers with the speakers.  Come on Logitech or Sonos.  You can do better than this!

I don’t know who’s to blame here. I use my Harmony Elite remote in my bedroom, with no issues whatsoever. My source is an Apple TV, the TV set is a Vizio.