Answered

Lip Sync Issues with Beam and Bravia

• 4 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 7 replies

Hi All

First post here. I have a new Sony Bravia and just purchased a Beam for a bit extra depth which it very good at.

However there is a small but noticeable Sync issue between Lip Movement and Sound output. Im using the ARC port on the Sony, Sound output is Dolby 5.1.

I have found the Sync option in the Sonos App (which was on 0) however moving it upwards makes the effect significantly worse.

I've turned off the Sony “ClearAudio+” Option which i think has helped a little. I cant find any other option to set \ Modify.

I am using the supplied HDMI cable would a better cable help..?

The Sonos App needs a Negative setting for Sync which it currently dosnt have this would sort it out. There seem to be an awfull lot of complaints and posts about this issue are Sonos listening to us all is anything being done... ??

Thoughts

Paul

icon

Best answer by PK101 4 January 2020, 21:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +1

Hi All 

After spending the afternoon on the forum chasing endless links ive made some tweaks on the TV which appear to have helped with the issue to the point it seems pretty much sorted.

I enabled something called PCM (vs Auto 1) and set A\V Sync to On (vs AUTO)

For Sony owners

Home\Settings\Sound\A/V Sync\ON

Home\Settings\Sound\Digital Audio Out\PCM

I dont know what these are or what they do but it seems to have corrected the very slight but noticable imbalance.

Hope this Helps someone out there..

P

Same issue with me and a Samsung 7700 tv. If you are setting tv audio to pcm you won’t be getting Dolby digital surround sound?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

This is the solution I posted earlier in another thread:

Audio Lag successfully conquered:

I now have the Cablebox to TV as HDMI for video. And discovered there is a Optical Output from the Cablebox which I used with Optical/HDMI adapter to run directly into the Beam. I'm going to get a 3-1 Optical adapter to ultimately connect all audio components including TV apps, BlueRay, and Cablebox.

https://jtechdigital.com/product/spdif-toslink-3x1/

the J-Tech audio switch has resolved my issues with the audio lag.

This is the solution I posted earlier in another thread:

Audio Lag successfully conquered:

I now have the Cablebox to TV as HDMI for video. And discovered there is a Optical Output from the Cablebox which I used with Optical/HDMI adapter to run directly into the Beam. I'm going to get a 3-1 Optical adapter to ultimately connect all audio components including TV apps, BlueRay, and Cablebox.

https://jtechdigital.com/product/spdif-toslink-3x1/

the J-Tech audio switch has resolved my issues with the audio lag.

It’s another remote that I don’t want - the tv has a universal remote to rid all the other remotes but I’d have to use a remote to change the switch which isn’t a good solution for me. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi All 

After spending the afternoon on the forum chasing endless links ive made some tweaks on the TV which appear to have helped with the issue to the point it seems pretty much sorted.

I enabled something called PCM (vs Auto 1) and set A\V Sync to On (vs AUTO)

For Sony owners

Home\Settings\Sound\A/V Sync\ON

Home\Settings\Sound\Digital Audio Out\PCM

I dont know what these are or what they do but it seems to have corrected the very slight but noticable imbalance.

Hope this Helps someone out there..

P

Hi Paul,

I didn’t use to have this issue but then last week I noticed the lip sync issue with my Sony BRAVIA X900F and the new Arc.

I’ve tried your workaround, which did solve the problem; however, by doing so I’m not able to get the Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus signals while watching Netflix and it kind of defeat the purpose of having an Arc.

Contacted Sonos support, and they just said that this is Sony’s problem but nothing has changed for the TV because Sony doesn’t really push that many updates to older devices, how come it is now suddenly a problem?

Cheers,

Andrew