Answered

LG TV and Sonos Playbar

• 22 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Apologies if this has been covered before 

Recently bought a LG TV (65NANO75)   Running the new LG WEB OS 6.0 software , and have linked up my soundbar via a optical cable and have two Sonos play ones as rear speakers and it works well , in fact even better than when linked to my 2009 Samsung TV 

My problem is i can’t get the LG remote control to work the volume control , lots of advice and videos on how to do this online but the screens i see are nothing like the screens and that is because of the new version of the software LG have introduced

I can still adjust the volume using the Samsung remote 

My question is can someone advise on how to get the LG remote to work the volume 

Yes its a first world problem but its niggling me 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 August 2021, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Assuming the WebOS is similar to older versions - you need to goto the TV’s device connector and setup the magic remote as a universal remote for either a Sonos manufactured Soundbar, or if you search and cannot find that, then try a ‘Philips’ Soundbar, on the TV’s HDMI-2 Arc/eARC port… once it’s setup, you switch to that input on your TV and then try setting up the Playbar in the Sonos App room settings for your device - the LG’s universal remote settings should enable the IR on the magic remote for the setup and control the Sonos device.

At least that’s how a Playbar used to be setup to work with the older WebOS on the older 2020 C9 TV’s.