Skip to main content
Question

LG OLED TV and Sonos Arc

• 2 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I’ve searched and tried many things…. 

most recently - tried this (see below)

The TV did not recognize the Sonos Arc.  On the App, I can connect and play music, but I am not able to connect the Arc to the TV.  I’ve tried unplugging everything for 10 min to reset all the port - nothing

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port (HDMI 2)using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

This is quite frustrating.Is there anyway to test the Arc port?  I’ve already purchased a new HDMI cable.  this used to work fine.

5 replies

Badge

This may help…

1. Go into Settings>Sound (on TV) and select Sound Out: HDMI ARC
  2. Go into Additional Settings (for HDMI ARC) and make sure eARC is turned ON.

Good luck!

The HDMI-Arc port on LG TV’s can vary.  It’s usually either port 1 or 2.  The first thing I’d do is double check that the Arc is actually connected to the HDMI-Arc/eArc port.  

thank you!

let me check all the tv settings and post them here

The arc was working at one point, then dropped off

Thanks for the replies. Here are all the settings

Settings>Sound (on TV) and select Sound Out: HDMI ARC. 

Confirmed

Additional Settings (for HDMI ARC) and make sure eARC is turned ON.        

Confirmed Sound out eARC on

Check that the Arc is actually connected to the HDMI-Arc/eArc port.  

Confirmed 

Tv settings device connection settings

Auto device connection on

SIMPLINK (HDMI- EC) on

Auto power sync on

Digital sound Out

PCM

Pass through

HDMI AUDIO Format

HDMI 1 Bitstream

HDMI 2 Bitstream

HDMI 3 Bitstream

HDMI 4  Bitstream

Additional steps

• Replaced hdmi cable with Ultra HD 4k x 2k HDMI Cable – HDMI to HDMI M/M - 3ft HDMI 1.4 Cable - Audio/Video Gold-Plated (HDMM3)

Sonos app shows Arc speaker as online

On Home theater settings:

TV auto play ON. 

When I run TV Setup, I get the error message “HDMI ARC not connected”

any thoughts on additional steps?

I have the same issue with a brand new LG C3. Tried two different brand new, 2.1 certified cables. Ran through all steps mentioned in the forums. It does work with the Sonos HDMI cable provided in the box. Out of ideas.