Question

LG OLED C8 switches off optical output

• 13 July 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 14 replies
I just recently pulled the trigger on a 77” LG OLED C8 after being fed up with DD5.1 pass through incompatibility with my old TV and having to use an unreliable HDMI switch.

Everything seems to be working better with the OLED. However, from time to time, it will switch off of the Optical output option and instead defer to Internal Speakers. I don’t know why.

The other thing that will happen is no sound will come out of the speakers at all. That’s when I have to go into settings and turn off Simplink. I don’t know how it keeps turning back on. The only thing I can think of is somehow ARC is resetting the sound output settings.

Is this an LG problem with their settings? Or a Sonos problem since for some reason “Sonos” is not an option listed to add a new device, and we have to instead use Philips?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Would you please clarify whether you’re having issues with HDMI-ARC, or the optical port?

Have you contacted LG about this, since Sonos is only a receiver, and the LG is the hub in charge of everything?

And if it is indeed HDMI-ARC that you’re having issues with, have you tried unplugging the TV from the wall for a minute, and plugging it back in, to re-force the HDMI handshake?