LG C1 + Sonos Playbar: Connection between Magic Remote and LG C1 disappears each time I turn the TV off

• 1 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello

I guess I found a new software issue with the LG C1 in relation to the Sonos Playbar. Let me explain:

At first, I’ve set the Sonos Playbar up to work with the LG C1, by following the instructions. Also, I used the Sonos App to connect my LG Magic Remote with the Playbar. So far so good.

The problem is, that each time I turn the TV off, the connection between the LG Magic Remote and the Playbar disappears. For example: If I try to turn the volume up, a “Mute” symbol appears on my LG C1. Also at this moment, the Playbar doesn’t react to the Magic Remote anymore. 

The only way, I can make it work again, is by going to the TV settings and when I click on “Sound” I change the settings from “Optical out” to “TV Speakers” and then back to “Optical Out”. Suddenly, I can turn the volume up and down again, but only for this “Session”until I turn the TV off again. I’ve conacted Sonos and LG support yesterday. They both took notes of this issue, but apparently, I am the first one who is having this problem.

To me, it seems clear, that this is a software issue by LG, since everytime I change the TV settings, it suddenly works again. Is someone else having this issue? Again, I’ve set up the Magic Remote and the Playbar just like it says in the instructions on the Sonos Website and I have tried it multiple times. A TV reset didn’t help either.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Same here. Very annoying.Thank you for the workaround.

Badge

I am glad to find this post. I just got a LG C1 and am bummed that my Sonos Playbar didn’t just connect as my audio on the “magic” remote.  My cable company TIVO box remote still needs to be used evidently.  Even my Apple TV remote (horrible) use to control my SONOs, but now after C1 setup, it seems to control the TV’s speakers.  I suppose that might just be a setting in the APPLE TV settings which got changed automatically during TV setup.  I didn’t check. But the LG “magic” remote isn’t magically at all if I can not use it to change my sonos volume.  I have no intention, nor should it be a requirement, to buy a new SONOS setup, just b/c I needed a new TV.   I hope they work this out.

Okay, I’m seriously getting tired of this. A new LG C1 Update has been released and the issue isn’t fixed! Plus, I never heard anything from Sonos or LG, that they are looking into it, even tho I reported this multiple times. Can someone finally recognize this issue and look into it with LG?

I am having the same exact issue. The LG C1 remote needs to be configured every time I turn on the TV again regardless of whether I set it up using the Sonos app or the Universal Control Settings on the TV. The only workaround is run Start+ and only put the TV in standby mode when it shuts off but that creates other problems - YouTubeTV isn’t properly shut down and the guide shows past information. Has anyone gotten this remote issue fixed?